The Importance Of A Boiler Service
Having a dependable and reliable boiler which provides hot water and heat to your property is an essential daily need. However, like many other things, it needs to be regularly checked and tested to make sure all components are working correctly. If you don’t have an annual boiler service, it’s at higher risk of breaking down and costing you more money. Oil boilers are especially vulnerable as the oil nozzles need changing annually as they usually start blocking up after 12 months.
An annual boiler service can prevent potential problems, avoid unwanted disruption and ensures maximum central heating efficiency which in turn will keep your energy bills to a minimum. A boiler that isn’t working to its capacity can have a very dramatic impact on your energy bills.
It’s also important to remember that in order for your boiler warranty to remain valid you do need to ensure that it’s serviced annually. All of our boilers come with a manufacturer warranty so make sure that your always covered under the lifetime of that warranty by having it serviced annually.
It’s worth reminding that a faulty boiler can be extremely dangerous. According to government statistics, each year in the UK, around 4,000 people go to A&E with carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning due to leaking boilers, 200 people are hospitalised and on average, 50 adults and children die. Our Gas Safe and OFTEC qualified boiler Engineers will keep you and your family safe.
Gas & LPG Boiler Service
Our engineer will remove the boiler casing to look at its components. We will check the following;
- Correct gas pressure and flow.
- Flue and combustion. A flue gas analyser will be used to make sure the boiler is burning the right mixture of gas and air.
- Electrical connections are clean and in good condition.
- Fans and other key components are working efficiently.
- Seals are intact.
- Electrodes are in a good condition.
- Safety devices are checked.
- Condensate trap and pipe is not blocked.
- Water and gas pipework.
Oil Boiler Service
Our engineer will take the boiler apart to look at its components. We will check the following;
- Inspection of the oil storage tank, of oil line, filter, fire valve, and the flue for any signs of wear and tear.
- Cleaning of heat exchanger/combustion chamber, and photo cell, again resolving any issues.
- Replacing any seals that appear to be worn, making adjustments to electrodes, and changing oil nozzles (which usually start blocking up after 12 months).
- Ensuring that the fan & motor are functioning correctly.
- Servicing the oil pump and the flexible oil line.
- Check that the boiler’s oil pressure has been set correctly.
- Report on the boiler’s energy efficiency.
- Testing the cleanliness of the boiler’s combustion process, both smoke and pressure are monitored.
Gas Fireplace Service
Our engineer will take the fireplace apart to look at its components. We will check the following;
- Check the entire vent system and termination for condition and operation.
- Inspection of the explosion relief flappers and glass door gaskets to ensure a proper seal.
- Inspection of the burner, venturi, and air openings.
- Inspection of the gas valve, gas components, and pilot system.
- Verify correct operation of all optional equipment; fans, thermostats, remote control, safeties etc.
Just like a car service, annual checks of your boiler can detect whether something is wrong whilst also stopping any issues getting worse. Our highly skilled engineers ensure that once problems have been discovered they are rectified competently which subsequently wards off future disruptions.
When we think about how much our households depend on our boilers and central heating, discovering potential faults becomes a great relief to most of us. Many of us lead hectic lifestyles, but you can rest assured that boiler breakdowns and central heating problems aren’t likely to cause you headaches.
Get A Free Estimate
We are more than happy to give advice on which solution is most suitable for your needs, depending on your requirements. Why not ask us to pop around and discuss the various options available to you. Better yet, our advice is free! Call us on 01722 212050